We know leash laws can be a pain in the backside when it comes to public spaces. At DogBoy’s, safety is one of our main points of focus here so we want to explain our leash policy in a little more detail.
DogBoy’s leash policy is:
Dogs are asked to be on leash at all times in open public spaces. This includes the driveways, outside our Training & Wellness Center, and the area leading to our private dog park. All dogs must be leashed to and from your car. This is for your dog’s safety as well as the other dogs on the property.
Now here’s the why:
- Other people’s dogs may not necessarily be interested in meeting new dogs off leash. If your off-leash dog approaches another dog on-leash and an altercation ensues, it is unfair to put the blame on the person and dog who are respecting our leash policy.
- We have a lot of traffic on the circle drive and want to keep your dog from getting hit by a car.
- Our trainers are often conducting classes on the agility field or in the grassy areas in front of the office, and dogs off-leash could disrupt class.
- We leash walk dogs across the circle drive going back and forth from our office and kennel. These dogs may not be friendly to your off-leash dog.
- If you’d like to take your dog off leash you are welcome to use the dog park on the back of our property (if you’ve reserved it during the week or it’s the weekend & you’re a dog park member).
Still have questions? Contact our team of Reservations Experts – That’s what we’re here for!
Form more info:
Our thanks to OCVA for this adorable picture on Flickr!