Well, you’ve survived the Thanksgiving holiday (hopefully), your belly is full of turkey and cranberries, and you’re finally getting a little downtime. Good for you! You deserve it. What could be better? What if you had the advice of a little elf, ready to help you plan out your Christmas shopping for all those dog lovers in your life? That would be pretty awesome, you say? Well DogBoy & DogGirl to the rescue! Here are our favorite recommendations for the dog lovers on your list:
- Tagg Pet Tracker GPS – How cool is this? A GPS enabled collar that not only tracks your dog’s whereabouts and alerts you if he’s gone rogue, but also tracks his activity levels! This cool gadget comes with it’s own mobile app so you can keep an eye on your dog all day long. There is a $100 investment up front, along with a low monthly fee after three months of use. Additional trackers come at a discount. Imagine if all the dogs at DogBoy’s had this – would the fun ever end?
- DNA Dog Breed ID Kit – Finding out our dogs’ DNA was super fun! Our dog Rebel, who looks like a Chocolate Weimaraner, turned out to be a Dane/Lab Mix with a little Golden Retriever. Pepper (shown here), who has now gone to Dog Heaven, was a combination of six breeds from Pomeranian to Saint Bernard! Wisdom Panel is our favorite and one of the most respected brands in the industry, and it now comes in both pure bred & mixed breed tests.
- Eco-friendly Martingale Collars – Although we sell Premier martingale collars, we thought these eco-friendly ones were cool too. Made of organic bamboo in nice soothing solids and occasional prints. Quick release buckles are convenient, but martingales are much better for dogs who have small heads or like to back up and slip out of their collars when you least expect it. Sneaky little buggers!
- Super Cool Dog Wall Art – Etsy is filled with great gifts for dog lovers, and the best part is they’re all homemade! This artist FabFunky, does super cool prints with all kinds of animals and multiple breeds on vintage paper, and they all come ready to frame. Collect a series of them to spice up your walls! Keep surfing on Etsy to find one-of-a-kind gifts you just can’t get at your local pet store or boutique, and help out the starving artists of this world at the same time. Good on ya!
- DogBoy’s Gift Certificates – What a great gift for a local dog lover who just got a puppy or is looking into getting some dog training this year. Our gift cards can be purchased in almost any increment, and can be sent virtually via email or directly to the person on your list by the good ol’ US Mail.
- Pet Portrait Sessions – Hire a local pet photographer to capture your pup’s true spirit with a gift that will last a lifetime. Over the years, we’ve met some amazing photographers. Our favorites include Norah Levine, Nicole Mlakar Livingston (shown here) & Jay Herman with Zoom Pet Photography. These professionals specialize in pets, but also do great work with families, and will shoot in your home or on location. Zoom is great for action shots outdoors!
- SUP with your pup! This cool book, How to SUP With Your PUP: A guide to stand up paddleboarding with your dog, gives you all the tips and tools you need to get your dog moving on Ladybird Lake. Austin dog lovers are already jumping on this bandwagon – shouldn’t we all?
I’m sure we could go on and on. I hope this short list inspires you to shop smartly this season and look for something really special for the dog lovers in your life this year. After all, aren’t dog lovers just the best darn people in the whole wide world?
If you’d like help with your Christmas shopping, visit us this Saturday for Small Business Saturday and shop local while having fun and saving some cash!