Visiting DogBoy’s private dog park is a great way to spend some quality time with your dog. Whether visiting for a private reservation, or coming on the weekends as a dog park member, following these tips will help you have a safe visit and a fun time too!
- Park in the Circle Drive at DogBoy’s main entrance. Unless there are extenuating circumstances and special arrangements have been made, please don’t drive to the entrance of the park.
- If you’re a member, sign in on the clipboard outside the main office. That helps us see how many of you are visiting weekly. Private reservations will check in inside the office like all other reservations.
- Keep your dog on leash until you’re inside the park. Make sure to lock the gate behind you!
Inside the Dog Park:
- KEEP MOVING with your dog! Explore all the corners of the park. The more your dog is moving, the better behavior you will see, and the more exercise you will get!
- If your dog is playing too rough (or another dog is playing too rough with yours), leash them and walk away from the action. Give them a break and then give it another try.
- Pretend to ignore your dog, but keep a sharp eye on him or her at all times.
- Call your dog(s) away from play every once in a while, and then send them out to keep playing. This break ensures that they’re still engaged with you, and it also means every time you call them, they don’t think the fun is going to end!
- Bring a towel! Swimming at the pond can get your dog dirty. Feel free to hose your pup off in the circle drive and towel dry before heading home. You’ll be glad you did!