DogBoy’s Day School
Are you overwhelmed with all that is associated with properly training and socializing your pup? Does your dog have special behavior needs that make him or her difficult to place in daycare or boarding? Is your dog reactive towards other dogs, new people or specific objects? Or do they just need a more structured daycare experience? DogBoy’s Day School is a great way to help your dog receive the training and socialization he or she needs to work towards becoming confident and socially appropriate.
The dogs will spend their day with our certified training staff at our Training & Wellness Center. Based on your dog’s specific needs and goals, trainers will customize your dog’s day. Activities may include:
- Hiking around the ranch practicing loose leash walking (working walk)
- Exploring the private dog park – a great place to practice off leash recall!
- Running the obstacles on our private agility field
- Socializing with other dogs, new people, and new environments
- “Field trip” up to the office to practice polite greetings with front desk staff
- Rest time on a soft blanket inside one of our temperature controlled nap rooms
- Office time with trainers as our “office assistant”
- Swimming in the pond (weather permitting)
- Playing fetch, tug, or other fun games
- Confidence course inside our training center – different surfaces, objects, and fun things to explore
Every day includes all-day manners reinforcement, outside time in the grassy play yards surrounding the training center, lots of one-on-one time with staff, and two 15-minute private training sessions. We offer several enrichment items daily including frozen peanut butter kongs, snuffle mats, puzzle toys, licky mats, and more. Your dog will never be bored! At the end of the day, pick your pup up and we’ll tell you how they did, who they played with, what they learned, and how to continue the work at home. Each day includes a detailed emailed report card and picture.
Please bring your dog in with a collar including a name tag, and anything that may help keep them more comfortable throughout the day – a favorite bed or blanket, toys, or chewing items for rest time. Prong, pinch, choke and shock collars are not allowed. Clients often bring their pup’s breakfast in with them so we can use it for training and enrichment in the morning. Additionally, it can helpful to bring in some treats that you know your pup will work for that won’t upset their tummy. We also have high value treats on-site to use as needed.
- Offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Drop Off between 7:30 am and 9:30 am at the Training Center
- *please drop off at the TWC, not at the main office
- Pick Up between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm at the Training Center
- $90/day, or buy an 8 pack for 10% off ($81.00/day)
*A kennel evaluation is not required to schedule training services at the Training and Wellness Center, but it is needed in order to schedule boarding or kennel daycare.
Please call 512-251-7600 to be connected to the training department for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recurring Reservations – No Show and Cancellation Policy:
After two or more No Shows (cancellations without notification) or cancellations without 24 hours notice, your recurring reserved spot may be forfeit, at our trainer’s discretion. You may still make weekly reservations but will need to check for availability in advance. No shows and cancellations without 24 hours notice after that may be subject to the full charge for the day.