All Boarding and Day Care is by reservation only. Make your reservations as far in advance as possible. Holidays and weekends fill up quickly. Please call our office at (512) 251-7600 for current available dates.
The following are things you need to know prior to your dog’s first stay:
- Dogs can be dropped off anytime within our office hours. However, we suggest you drop off your dog(s) as early as possible so they have time to play before going up for dinner. To avoid a late pickup fee, boarding dogs should be picked up before 1 pm. There is no late fee on Sundays. We are CLOSED to customers on all major holidays.
- An Evaluation day (preferably during a day of day care) is required prior to your dog’s first boarding stay. We will do a thorough assessment of your dog and tell you whether or not DogBoy’s is a good fit for them. During this evaluation, they will get a color-coded behavioral designation, based on our card color policy. For more information about the evaluation, please contact us.
- Housemates and related dogs typically do not go to playgroup together. This is for the safety of all the dogs on the property. We do make exceptions but it is at the discretion of the kennel staff.
- All dogs over the age of six months must be spayed or neutered to come for boarding or daycare.
- All dogs must have current vaccination records on file with us. This includes Rabies, DHPP and Bordatella (to prevent Canine Cough). Frequency is based on your vet’s requirements. You or your vet can fax or email the records directly to us prior to boarding. Email records to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to (512) 252-3102. If your veterinarian does not recommend vaccinating at this time, due to health reasons, please send a note from the vet stating their preferences.
- During the warmer months it is highly recommended that all dogs be on flea prevention such as Program, Sentinel, Frontline Plus, Advantage, or Revolution. Tick prevention is also highly recommended.
- All dogs must wear a nylon or leather collar with a name tag and a current rabies tag already attached. If you do not have a name tag or collar, one will be provided for your dog at your expense. Choke chains, shock collars, and pinch collars are not allowed as they present a hazard to dogs while in playgroup (and we don’t like them). If you have one of these, please talk to us about an alternative. Harnesses can get caught on fences, so please take them off on arrival. Please take your leash home with you.
- No dog is allowed to leave DogBoy’s in the back of a pick-up truck unless in a securely tied down crate.
- Any breed of dog can be evaluated for boarding or day care. Every breed has to be evaluated on their first visit, and any breed can be turned away for behavior reasons, or past aggression history. At DogBoy’s, we evaluate every dog every time they visit. If you have any questions or concerns please email email@example.com.
- Wolf hybrids/mixes are not allowed.